- About the School
- Contact Us
- Staff Weblinks
- Student Website
The age of enrollment for kindergarten children for the coming 2017-2018 school year is 5 on or before September 1, 2017 to be eligible for kindergarten for the coming year.
- 2017-2018 - 5 years of age on or before September 1
- The district will be offering Transitional Kindergarten (TK) for students with birthdays who turn 5 (five) on or between September 2 and December 31, 2017. TK is the first year of a two year kindergarten program for children with fall birthdays. For students who are too young for Kindergarten or Transitional Kindergarten, please see the WPUSD Preschool flyer for alternative suggestions.
- TK/Kindergarten registration will occur at the school of residence for the student.
- Parents may pick up TK/Kindergarten Registration packets at their child's school site beginning February 28, 2017.
The following information has been made available so parents of incoming kindergarten students may begin planning for the upcoming registration.
- Current Proof of Residency in the form of a utility bill, mortgage statement or rental agreement.
- Birth Certificate (students must be 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2017)
- Immunization Record (immunizations must be complete when the packet is TURNED IN). We ask that the immunization record is presented when you pick up the packet so we can inform you what may be missing.
- Required Immunizations
- DTP - 5 doses (4 doses are acceptable if the 4th dose has been given on or after the 4th birthday)
- POLIO - 4 doses (3 doses are acceptable if the 3rd dose has been given on or after the 4th birthday)
- HEPATITIS - 3 doses
- MMR - 2 doses
- VARICELLA - 1 dose
- Please Note: If only the FINAL required immunization (Polio, DPT, MMR) is incomplete, the school will accept your child's packet, but your child may not be enrolled in a class until all the immunizations are completed.
- Any exceptions to this must be approved by the District Nurse.
- Required Immunizations
To be accepted, your enrollment packet must be complete and include copies of the following:
- Current Proof of Residency
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record showing the immunizations have been completed
We are unable to accept requests for specific teachers. However, parents may complete a Parent Information form and include it with their child's registration packet. Click Input Parent Form to download the form.
The school has spots for 110 kindergarten students. In previous years we have had over 150 student register. As a result, we have had to overflow incoming kindergarten students to our sister school. All new students to LCES are assigned a spot on a first come, first served basis with those overflowed placed on a wait list.
- Your completed packets (see above) may be turned in beginning Monday, March 6 at 7:00am.
- Packets will be date and time stamped in the order they are received.
Families with children currently attending LCES or who are attending another school as an overflow student have priority and will be enrolled at the school as long as their packets are received in the school office by Friday, March 24. As long as we receive your child's registration packet by this date, your child has a guaranteed spot at Lincoln Crossing.
Packets and immunizations must meet the requirements specified above.