Parent Information For School Year 2014 - 2015
~Kindergarten registration for the 2014/2015 school year begins in March. Parents may pick up registration packets on March 3rd beginning at 8:30 am. Packets may be returned beginning Monday, March 10th at 7:15 am for any students brand new to Lincoln Crossing (and who do not have siblings who are attending LCES or who have attending LCES and maintained their enrollment in the district). PLEASE NOTE THAT LCES HAS A DIFFERENT DAY TO TURN IN THE PACKETS THEN THE REST OF THE DISTRICT.
There IS A CHANGE for the age of enrollment for kindergarten children for the coming 2014/2015 school year. Recent changes in the law require new guidelines for children's birthdates. A child must turn 5 on or before September 1, 2014 to be eligible for kindergarten for the coming year.
- 2014/15 - 5 years of age on or before September 1
- The district will be offering Transitional Kindergarten (TK) for students with birthdays who turn 5 (five) on or between September 2 and December 2, 2014. TK is the first year of a two year kindergarten program for children with fall birthdays. For students who are too young for Kindergarten or Transitional Kindergarten, please see the WPUSD Preschool flyer for alternative suggestions.
- TK/Kindergarten registration will occur at individual elementary school sites.
- Parents may pick up TK/Kindergarten Registration packets at Lincoln Crossing beginning March 3, 2014.
The following information has been made available so parents of incoming kindergarten students may begin planning for the upcoming registration.
TO PICK UP A PACKET WE ASK THAT YOU SHOW:
- Current Proof of Residency in the form of a utility bill, mortgage statement or rental agreement.
- Birth Certificate (students must be 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2014)
- Immunization Record (immunizations must be complete when the packet is TURNED IN). We ask that the immunization record is presented when you pick up the packet so we can inform you what may be missing.
- Required Immunizations
- DTP - 5 doses (4 doses are acceptable if the 4th dose has been given on or after the 4th birthday)
- POLIO - 4 doses (3 doses are acceptable if the 3rd dose has been given on or after the 4th birthday)
- HEPATITIS - 3 doses
- MMR - 2 doses
- VARICELLA - 1 dose
- Please Note: If only the FINAL required immunization (Polio, DPT, MMR) is incomplete, the school will accept your child's packet, but your child may not be enrolled in a class until all the immunizations are completed.
- Any exceptions to this must be approved by the District Nurse.
TO TURN IN YOUR PACKET
To be accepted, your enrollment packet must be complete and include copies of the following:
- Current Proof of Residency
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record showing the immunizations have been completed
CAN I REQUEST AM/PM PLACEMENT
Parents are able to select a preference for an AM or PM placement. Because we must balance our classes based on gender, age, ethnicity, and special needs of students we are unable to guarantee a parents preference. The order a packet is received is not a consideration for AM/PM placement. The specific needs of the student, family, and criteria for balancing classes is used to determine AM/PM assignments.
CAN I REQUEST A SPECIFIC TEACHER
We are unable to accept requests for specific teachers.
* Because Lincoln Crossing Elementary is at capacity and must overflow students, additional procedures are in place that are not listed on this district form.